The Institute offers a three-year full-time Polytechnic program in Electrical Engineering, awarded by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). Electrical Engineering is a popular branch of engineering which deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. The subfields include electronics, digital computers, power engineering, telecommunications, control systems, RF engineering, and signal processing. The focus of the course remains on designing and testing ICs, inductors, capacitors and resistors. The students also learn to design electronic circuits, computer systems and also develop control systems. Electrical engineers are considered to deal with the problems associated with systems such as electric power transmission and electrical machines.
The Program objective is to prepare a graduate who has:
- Contribute to industrial, service, and/or government organizations by applying the skills and knowledge acquired through formal education and their cooperative educational experiences.
- Will draw upon a broad base of knowledge in providing engineering solutions within the appropriate technological, global, societal, ethical and organizational context.
- Has an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Has an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Has an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Prospects & Opportunities :
After completing a polytechnic, you can opt for B.Tech. in various specializations such as Communication Engineering, Control & Computing, Power Electronics & Systems, Control & Instrumentation, and Microelectronics & VLSI Design.
Efficient generation, transmission and transformation of electrical energy are decisive prerequisites for rapid development of industry and agriculture. Without this vital energy our daily lives would grind to a halt and therefore electrical engineers have many opportunities. They can be found working in every sphere of modern life including manufacturing to process industries, robotics to embedded systems, automobiles to transport, and from aviation to navigation industries. Top recruiter includes BHEL, DMRC, NHPC, Power Grid Corporation, State Electricity Boards, Crompton Greaves, Siemens, Hitachi, Jindal Steel & Power, Reliance, L&T, Tata, and Samsung.
Duration, Eligibility :
The admission prerequisite is 10th and candidate should have appeared in PAT examination. The number of seats available for this program is 120, and admission is subject to timely payment of required academic documents and fees.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.
The department of electrical engineering (polytechnic) has excellent facilities for practical work in the laboratories
of Basic Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electrical Machine, Power System, Control Engg., Microprocessor,
Electronics Device and Circuit, Digital Electronics, Power Electronics. Important aspects of the electrical
engineering are as under:
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
- Power System Lab
- Measuring Instruments Lab
- Control Engineering Lab
- Computer Lab for Electrical Simulation Software
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Signal Processing Lab
- EDC Lab
- FEE Lab