Computer Science Engineering
The Institute offers a three-year full-time Polytechnic program in Computer Science Engineering awarded by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). Computer Science engineering deals with design, implementation, management of information system of both software and hardware processes. Computer Science is a scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. CSE deals with the design and development of new software and hardware parts of computer and aims at designing, developing, implementing and managing computer-based information systems including software applications and computer hardware. When computer and communications technologies are combined, the result is Information Technology, or ‘InfoTech’. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
Program Objectives :
- To prepare graduates to take up professional careers in different roles in IT industry.
- To enable students to contribute in designing, developing and deploying software/ hardware for ongoing automation/computerization in various traditional methodologies.
- To enable the students to design and construct hardware/software systems, components, and processes to meet desired needs prevailing in economic, environmental, social and political domains.
- To equip computer science graduates with communication skills, both oral and written, to become effective team-oriented problem-solvers, as well as effective communicators.
- To equip graduates with the knowledge and skills to take up research and higher studies in computer science and related engineering/ scientific disciplines.
Prospects & Opportunities :
After completing a polytechnic student can opt for B.Tech in various specializations in any of the core subjects like Computer architecture and organization, Database systems etc.
You can work in database management, IT, embedded systems, Telecommunication, computer hardware & software implementation & maintenance, multimedia, web designing, gaming, and almost all other industries in this sector. It is worthwhile to note that the computer industry has witnessed such phenomenal growth in recent years that IT majors like Infosys & TCS have been the major recruiters across all other branches throughout the engineering colleges in the country. Top recruiters includes TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Accenture, Cognizant, Microsoft, IBM, Adobe, Google, Accenture, Cisco, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, Yahoo, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam.
Duration, Eligibility & Fee Structure :
The admission prerequisite is 10th and candidate should have appeared in PAT examination. The number of seats available for this program is 120, and admission is subject to timely payment of required academic documents and fees.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.
- CAM Lab
- VB.net Lab
- RDBMS Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- OS Lab
- DCN Lab
- PTCL Lab