The Institute offers a three-year full-time polytechnic program in Civil Engineering awarded by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). Civil Engineering includes planning, designing and executing structural works. The profession deals with a wide range of engineering tasks including designing, supervision and construction activities of public works like roads, bridges, tunnels, buildings, airports, dams, water works, sewage systems, ports etc. It offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities. A civil engineer is responsible for planning and designing a project, constructing the project to the required scale, and maintenance of the product. Civil Engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it was defined to distinguish it from military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying, and construction engineering. Civil Engineering takes place at all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to federal levels, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
The Program objective is to prepare a graduate who has:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and civil engineering theory in design of computer-based systems to real-world problems
- The ability to practice civil engineering using up-to-date techniques, skills, and tools as a result of life-long learning ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a field program to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to design a system or component to satisfy stated or code requirements of Civil Engineering
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify, formulate and use the appropriate computing and civil engineering requirements for obtaining its solution.
- The broad education necessary to analyze the local and global impact of computing and engineering solutions on individuals, organizations, and society.
- A Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing and engineering practice.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of Civil Engineering of varying complexity.
Prospects & Opportunities :
After completing a Ploytechnic you can opt for B.Tech. in various specializations such as Transportation Systems, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Remote Sensing, Hydraulic & Water Resources, and Environmental Engineering.
As a Civil Engineer, you will deal with the design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure such as buildings, bridges, roads, tunnels, dams, river & shipping lanes, industrial & power plants. Top recruiters includes DMRC, RITES, Jaypee, Jaiprakash Associates, Reliance Infra, L&T and various other Construction companies
Duration, Eligibility & Fee Structure :
The admission prerequisite is 10th and candidate should have appeared in PAT examination. The number of seats available for this program is 120, and admission is subject to timely payment of required academic documents and fees.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.
Students from Civil Engineering stream gets the opportunity to work at every construction site either it may be
road, dam, bridges or canal sites. Airports and other shopping malls are being constructed at a very fast rate and
hence jobs are countless.
- Construction Materials Lab
- Structural Mechanics Lab
- Surveying-I Lab
- Surveying-II Lab
- Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering
- Waste Water and Water Supply Engineering
- Highway Engineering Lab
- Concrete Lab
- Applied Mechanics Lab
- CAD Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab