PMSSS (PRIME MINISTER'S SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR J&K STUDENTS)
Every year fresh scholarships are given to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu & Kashmir for
improving their skills by providing access to education. The scheme was started in 2011 and modified from time to time to make the Scheme student friendly.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
- Building capacities of the youth of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Educating, enabling and empowering them to compete in the normal course.
- Enhancing and formulating employment opportunities in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Boosting employment potential of students of Jammu & Kashmir.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
- Students having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Passing 10+2 examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K.
- Only those willing to study outside the State of J&K.
- Whose family Income is Rs 6.00 Lakh or below per annum?
NOT ELIGIBLE, IF
- Not applied online through registration portal of AICTE.
- Studied through Open Universities.
- Benefitting from other scholarships schemes.
- Admitted through 'Management Quota'.
- Studying in Diploma Courses.
- Studying in Post Graduate Courses.
- Family Income over Rs. 6 Lakh per annum.
- Admitted to an institution other than identified under the scheme.
Payments are made as below:
- Academic Fee: This includes fee-related to education such as tuition fee, development fee, library fee, internet fee, training fee, university fee, examination fee etc. approved by State Fee
- Maintenance Charges: Paid to students in two equal installments of Rs. 50,000/ - each for the hostel, mess charges, buying books and stationery.
Regulatory Committee except for refundable deposits. This will be paid to the institutes directly.
|Stream||Academic Fee Limits||Maintenance Charges Limits|
|General Degree||Upto Rs. 30,000/-||Uniformly Rs. 1.00 Lakh for All|
|Engineering Degree||Upto Rs. 1.25 Lakh||Uniformly Rs. 1.00 Lakh for All|
- Reservation Policy of the State is applicable.
- Scholarship would be awarded strictly as per the Merit List.
MAJOR STEPS INVOLVED
- Registration on AICTE Portal within the last date.
- After registration, username and password will be issued to students.
- Upload Domicile Certificate, Income certificate, Class 10 mark sheet and Category certificate etc.
- The student is required to give preference of General or Engineering stream.
- Display of Merit list of registered students on AICTE Portal.
- Facilitation Centers will be opened in J&K.
- The list of such Facilitation Centers will be uploaded on the website of AICTE.
- Applicants will visit nearest Facilitation Centre to get his / her uploaded documents verified with originals.
- Every Student will be required to give preferences/choices of colleges.
- AICTE will open counseling Centers at Jammu / Srinagar for actual admissions in the institutions identified under the scheme.
- Every candidate will have to be present for the Counseling.
- Student remaining absent will not be eligible for the scholarship in any case.
- Allotment of seats will be made through counseling only.
- No change will be allowed after counseling is over under any circumstances.
All these guideline and scheme are of PMSSS. This scheme will apply as per their Norms and Policies.
Feel free to contact us at:
Bells Institute of Management & Technology
Campus: Knowledge City, Mehli, SHIMLA, India
Pincode - 171013
Phone : +91-177-2620213, 2620313, 9318922291,90,98,96
Email : email@example.com
For Admission Query Please Contact
Helpline : 0177-2620213, 2620313, 9318922291,90,98,96
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org