Computer Science Engineering
Bachelor in Technology
The Institute offers a four-year full-time B.Tech. program in Computer Science Engineering awarded by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). Computer Science engineering deals with design, implementation, management of information system of both software and hardware processes. Computer Science is a scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. CSE deals with the design and development of new software and hardware parts of computer and aims at designing, developing, implementing and managing computer-based information systems including software applications and computer hardware. When computer and communications technologies are combined, the result is Information Technology, or ‘InfoTech’. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
Program Objectives :
- To prepare graduates to take up professional careers in different roles in IT industry.
- To enable students to contribute in designing, developing and deploying software/ hardware for ongoing automation/computerization in various traditional methodologies.
- To enable the students to design and construct hardware/software systems, components, and processes to meet desired needs prevailing in economic, environmental, social and political domains.
- To equip computer science graduates with communication skills, both oral and written, to become effective team-oriented problem-solvers, as well as effective communicators.
- To equip graduates with the knowledge and skills to take up research and higher studies in computer science and related engineering/ scientific disciplines.
Prospects & Opportunities :
After completing a B.Tech. student can opt for M.Tech. in various specializations in any of the core subjects like Computer architecture and organization, Database systems etc.
You can work in database management, IT, embedded systems, Telecommunication, computer hardware & software implementation & maintenance, multimedia, web designing, gaming, and almost all other industries in this sector. It is worthwhile to note that the computer industry has witnessed such phenomenal growth in recent years that IT majors like Infosys & TCS have been the major recruiters across all other branches throughout the engineering colleges in the country. Top recruiters includes TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Accenture, Cognizant, Microsoft, IBM, Adobe, Google, Accenture, Cisco, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, Yahoo, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam.
Duration, Eligibility :
The admission prerequisite is 10+2 with PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) with 45% marks (40% for reserved category). The candidate should have appeared in JEE and gone through the counseling process at HPTU. The number of seats available for this program is 120, and admission is subject to timely payment of required academic documents and fees.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.
Labs and their related zones are utilized for exercises connected with exploration, academic movement, and
showing that obliges understudy perception, practice, or experimentation. The capabilities of the Bells Institute of
Management And Technology Laboratory are extensive and designed to facilitate the research of Bells Institute
faculty members and students.
There are 8 computer labs which all have 500 Computer System, online UPS with back of 30 minutes. The room can be used as a language laboratory. Example characteristics and capabilities of the room include:
- Each workstation can use NetMeeting to share information.
- Monitor any user’s activity in real time.
- Assign workgroups so users can communicate without disrupting others.
- Communicate with users without disrupting others.
- Share their PC with all users or any particular user or work sub-group.
- Completely control any user’s workstation.
- Lock out any or all user keyboards.
There are a wide variety of fields students can go into who have computer degrees Employers are interested in both the technical and the non-technical skills gained during your computer science/IT degree. These include computer engineering, computer science and information technology. Computer science careers cover many different topics, such as algorithms and programming languages. Students in this area can get their bachelor’s or master’s.
Computer engineering careers are geared towards testing different digital software and inspecting computer equipment. Coursework can include electronic and analog circuits, audio engineering and digital communications. Students looking to go into an information technology career can get their associate’s, masters or doctoral degree. Programs in this ? eld focus on computer-related needs for different organizations.
The use of computer technologies is also commonplace in all types of organizations, in academia, research, industry, government, private and business organizations. The career opportunities for computer science graduates can be classified into seven categories: programming and software development, information systems operation and management, telecommunications and networking, computer science research, web and Internet, graphics and multimedia, training and support, and computer