Faculty of Management Studies
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
The B.Com. Curriculum is designed to provide industry with young managers for entry level positions for their first experience in a corporate role. B.Com. is a 3 years course divided into 6 semesters.
After successful competition, the Degree of B.Com. Will be awarded by H.P. State Govt. owned Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (Established in 1971). The university is one of highly rated university and recognized in India and abroad for credit transfers.
With the phenomenal growth in the Indian Economy and the rise of the home grown multinationals, commercial enterprise today is looking at people to take up responsibility at entry levels who are flexible and adaptive to their business environment as well as sensitive enough to respond to the challenges being offered in an increasingly competitive global environment with multifaceted skill sets backed up by a rigorously honed knowledge base. The BBA program has been tailor made to fill in this need. Through a practical approach towards the syllabus, guided by the faculty from the industry itself, students are prepared for the real corporate world. Innovative methods of teaching consisting of case study discussions, presentations, classroom debates and role plays are used to make the classroom experience an invigorating one.
- To provide professional education for teaching commerce and management disciplines to undergraduate students for advancement of learning and thereby setting up a benchmark for the industry.
- To nurture budding talent and build a learning environment and encourage them to develop the leadership quality.
- To train the students to carry out research in the field of management and provide them with state-of-the-art infrastructure and necessary resources for fostering research.
- To have a holistic view towards education, thereby focusing on soft skills and co-curricular needs, in order to have a balanced growth of intellect.
- To provide an environment that challenges the students’ mind through competitive education that emphasizes on inculcating values, thus transforming them into socially responsible managers and business leaders.
- To impart knowledge by using innovative approach towards lectures, giving on-the-job experience through internship and complement classroom teaching by organizing industrial visits and field trips.
- To ensure that the students meet the needs of entering into the middle-level management for being placed as executives in various departments of the company such as finance, operations, marketing, human resource.
Prospects & Opportunities :
- Commerce is a very popular education field in India. It has numerous opportunities as well. B.Com. is a regular college course and has many advantages. Bachelor in Commerce is a three year undergraduate course, which deals with the subjects from disciplines of commerce, economics, laws, management and business administration.
- B.Com. is very much in demand in our country and offers many opportunities in higher education and business. Candidates can start their own business or get associated with family business.
- For those who want an entry into corporate sector can also opt for MBA. Another option is pursuing Chartered Accountancy (CA) and Company Secretary (CS).
- Teaching and research is a popular choice after B.Com. Those who are interested in teaching can pursue M.Com. and Ph.D. also later on.
- B.Com. graduates can work as fresher in business firms too and gain a good amount of knowledge.
Duration, Eligibility :
The Institute offers a three-year, semester-patterned, full-time bachelor’s program in Commerce. The admission prerequisite is 10+2 in any stream with 50% marks (45% for reserved category). The admission process at the Institute comprises of a Group Discussion and counseling session. Successful candidates are then awarded studentships after producing required documents and paying fees.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.