Faculty of Management Studies
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
The Institute offers a three-year, annual-patterned, full-time bachelor’s program in Computer Administration. On successful completion of the course, the Degree of BCA will be awarded by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla which is one of highly rated university and recognized in India and abroad for credit transfers. Bachelor in computer application deals with design, implementation, management of information system of both software and hardware processes. BCA is a scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. BCA deals with the design and development of new software and hardware parts of computer and aims at designing, developing, implementing and managing computer-based information systems including software applications. When computer and communications technologies are combined, the result is Information Technology, or ‘InfoTech’. A computer scientist specializes in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems.
- The basic objective of the program is to open a channel of admission for computing courses for students, who have done the 10+2 and are interested in taking computing/IT as a career.
- To enable students to contribute in designing, developing and deploying software/ hardware for ongoing automation/computerization in various traditional methodologies.
- To enable the students to design and construct hardware/software systems, components, and processes to meet desired needs prevailing in economic, environmental, social and political domains.
- To equip computer science graduates with communication skills, both oral and written, to become effective team-oriented problem-solvers, as well as effective communicators.
- To equip graduates with the knowledge and skills to take up research and higher studies in computer science and related engineering/ scientific disciplines.
Prospects & Opportunities :
- After acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree (BCA), there is further educational opportunity to go for an MCA. Also after completing BCA Program, a student should be able to get entry level job in the field of Information Technology or ITES.
- After completing a BCA, student’s student can opt for MCA/MBA in various specializations. You can work in database management, IT, embedded systems, Telecommunication, computer hardware & software implementation & maintenance, multimedia, web designing, gaming, and almost all other industries in this sector. It is worthwhile to note that the computer industry has witnessed such phenomenal growth in recent years that IT majors like Infosys & TCS have been the major recruiters across all other branches throughout the engineering colleges in the country. Top recruiters includes TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Accenture, Cognizant, Microsoft, IBM, Adobe, Google, Accenture, Cisco, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, Yahoo, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam.
The admission prerequisite is 10+2 in any stream with 50% marks (45% for reserved category). The number of seats for this program is 120 and admission is subject to timely payment of fee and required academic documents. The admission process at the Institute comprises of a Group Discussion and counseling session.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.