The Institute offers a three-year full-time polytechnic program in Mechanical Engineering awarded by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). Mechanical Engineering includes design, manufacture, installation and operation of engines, machines, robotics, heating & cooling systems and manufacturing processes. In this profession, Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing machines right from bicycles to supersonic fighter jets and toasters which can be extremely challenging and fulfilling, requiring analytical skills together with an ability to work in a team. You must love machines and be comfortable working with tools! Mechanical Graduates can work in the automotive, aerospace, chemical, computer, communication, paper, power generation and almost all manufacturing industries. Mechanical engineers also work in maintenance and service profiles in all industries. Also they can choose teaching profession in universities and colleges.
Program Objectives :
- The Program objective is to prepare graduates who:
- Will practice mechanical engineering successfully in different professional settings.
- Will be able to pursue advanced studies in mechanical engineering or related fields.
- Will understand and effectively communicate technical, environmental and social implications of mechanical engineering solutions.
- Will understand, appreciate and be able to apply the state-of-the-art practice in mechanical engineering and social implications of mechanical engineering solutions.
- Will understand, appreciate and apply engineering ethics.
Prospects & Opportunities :
After completing a polytechnic you can opt for B.Tech. in various specializations such as Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Mechanical Handling and Automation, Mechanical Systems Design & Thermal Energy and Environmental Engineering.
Top recruiters includes BHEL, BPCL, DRDO, Indian Oil, GAIL, NTPC, Ashok Leyland, Honda, Mahindra & Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCL & Tech Mahindra, L&T.
Duration, Eligibility :
The admission prerequisite is 10th and candidate should have appeared in PAT examination. The number of seats available for this program is 120, and admission is subject to timely payment of required academic documents and fees.
Bells Institute is committed to education. The Institute’s Scholarship Program is informed by the Institute’s vision of “Quality and Affordable Education to All”. To know more about and avail the scholarships, prospective students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Department or the Scholarship Program In-Charge at the Institute.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (Polytechnic) has excellent facilities for practical work in the
laboratories of Applied Mechanics, Automobile, Hydraulic Machines, Thermal Engineering, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Strength of Materials and CAD. Some of the important areas covered are:
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Fluid Machines Lab
- Strength of Materials – Lab
- Material Science Lab
- Manufacturing Practice Lab
- I.C. Engines Lab
- Measurement And Control Lab
- Dynamics of Machine Lab
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
- Automobile Engineering Lab
- Cad Lab
- Machine Workshop
- Welding Workshop
- Carpentry & Pattern Making Workshop
- Smithy Workshop
- Foundry Workshop
- Sheet Metal Workshop